- It starts with a plan and a piece of land. If you have those, go directly to #2. If you don’t, we can help. We work closely with the area’s finest architects and designers and can make suggestions based on your tastes and needs. Our in-house realtor can help you find the perfect neighborhood.
- A quick cost estimate. If you’re satisfied, go on directly to #3. This is a good time to talk about where the costs are and to make suggestions on how to lower them without diminishing the design of your house.
- The next step is to provide you with a detailed quote. We want the construction process to be smooth, efficient and enjoyable for you and we guarantee that it will be by working out every detail of your house at this early stage. We will meet with you and our suppliers and talk about your preferences and your budget and get firm costs for your choices. Based on those conversations we will give you allowances for cabinets, appliances, lighting, and plumbing fixtures that are realistic. At this point we will discuss everything that goes into your house from the foundation to the roof. Your contract will contain a detailed and itemized description of the house based on an engineered set of plans and all the choices you’ve made. We put a lot of time and effort in at this stage in order to avoid the unhappy surprised that can come from miscommunication. We do understand that there will always be changes made during the construction process and we are happy to accommodate our homeowners.
- Once the contract is signed we apply for building permits. The time involved for permitting varies widely but we will put it to good use lining up materials and scheduling sub-contractors.
- How long will it take? Every house we build is as individual as it’s owners and for that reason it is very hard to generalize about how long construction will take. We will be able to give you an accurate time estimate once we see the scope of your project. During construction the lines of communication between us and you are wide open. We meet regularly to discuss our progress and answer all of your questions.
Ready to get started? Contact us to set up an appointment.